Beginnings

Accepted In The Beloved is an idea God placed on my heart many years ago. My oldest daughter, then in middle school, had a group of friends interested in Bible study. I sought a creative way to mentor these girls in the Word of God. After seeking the Lord, He led me to the book of Ruth. 


As I studied the life of Ruth, I realized how closely this story parallels the Cinderella story, even down to the glass slipper! I had read many books and Bible studies for teen girls which spoke often of God as her Prince. This was not a new concept, but never had I read one where the reader was actually drawn into communion with her Prince. My desire was not to simply talk about God, but to lead them to encounter God for themselves. As we systematically studied the book of Ruth, we were drawn into relationship with God like never before. I’ve tweaked and refined the manuscript since then, but am grateful to that first group of girls who inspired me to write. I dedicate this book to my three daughters, Heather, Ivy, and Summer. My prayer is that you may know the full spectrum of God’s favor as it shines in your life.

Accepted In The Beloved is a Bible study designed for teen girls who are serious about their relationship with God and desire deeper intimacy with Him. It is not for the faint at heart as the reader must be willing to put forth effort to study as “a workman who does not need to be ashamed, and who correctly handles the Word of Truth.”
2nd Tim. 2:15b

Accepted In The Beloved by Jewel Seacrest
Copyright 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment